25 August 2007

"I'm asking Turkey to face its own history"

Turkish historian and dissident Taner Akçam added to Book Festival program

The Armenian genocide is probably the most controversial topic a Turkish historian can study. That's why Taner Akçam's mother wishes he had written his PhD thesis on something else. "She is so upset with me. She says, 'You just settled yourself after all your troubles – couldn't you find something else?'" Years later, he has to agree. "After so many difficulties in my life, I wouldn't have chosen these difficulties on top of them."

(Read the rest of this preview feature at ThreeWeeks.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.